Twitter has become one of the most trending GIFs homes on the internet. People like to react by using GIFs instead of typing any words. GIFs’ invention has made it easy for you to respond to others by finding and sending the right GIF. You can undoubtedly find thousands of GIFs on the platform, but saving it can be a bit challenging for you.
Downloading GIFs from Twitter is not possible without right-clicking on the GIF. You can find the option to copy the GIFs URL but cannot download the GIF. Why has Twitter made it so difficult? Is it possible to download gifs from Twitter and save them on your computer, Android or iPhone? The answer is no, but you can still download Gifs from Twitter and use them how you want. It requires you to take help from a third-party app or website.
Let’s explore the steps necessary to follow to download Gifs from Twitter.
Download Gifs from Twitter: Computer
First of all, you require a GIF to save what you want to save. If you have selected a favorite GIF, let’s get an idea about the steps to download the GIF on your computer.
- Right-click on the GIF. You’ll notice a “Copy GIF Address” button appears when you right-click the GIF.
- Click on the “Copy GIF address.” This step is simple to implement.
- Go to the GIF downloader.
Here is when things start to get a little tricky. GIFs are published on Twitter as brief videos, which are considerably more effective than GIFs. Therefore, to preserve Twitter GIFs on your device, you must download them as videos. It’s a little backward, but that’s how it is.
However, this step is easy using a Twitter Downloader or TWDownload.
- Copy the URL and then click “download” for the GIF. This is also a simple step. Just paste the link in the tool option and click on download.
- Now it’s time to download the GIF. Your GIF will appear on a subsequent page after the first screen. Once you click download, an MP4 version of the Twitter GIF will appear on your screen. It will look like this.
- To download the video once more, click the three dots in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- You will see a download option after clicking on the three dots on the bottom right side. Click on Download.
Now that the GIF has been downloaded, you can view it there.
But what if you want to convert that MP4 movie into a platform-neutral GIF? You didn’t want to save a video; you tried to save a GIF. Okay, then.
- Go to the EZ GIFs video to GIF converter. This tool lets you convert video files into effective GIFS.
- Select and upload the desired MP4 file of your GIF and click upload video. You can find the mp4 file in the download folder on your computer.
- It’s time to convert the video into GIF. The video will be auto-generated on the page when you upload it. After that, scroll down and click the “Convert to GIF” button. You can further modify your GIF as you desire.
- Now it’s almost the end of the process of saving the GIF. All you have to do is right-click on the resulting image on the next page. Save the image by any desired name; finally, you have done it.
Download Gifs from Twitter: Android
You need to download a third-party app if you want to download GIFs from Twitter on your android phone. It is recommended to download the Tweet2GIF app.
Follow the following steps if you have downloaded the Tweet2GIF on the android device.
- Open the tweet that contains a GIF that you intend to Download.
- After opening the tweet, tap on the share button.
- Choose the Share via option.
- Scroll down in the menu and select Tweet2gif
- The Tweet2gif app will open. Now click on the Download GIF option. The selected GIF might take some time to render. The GIF will be saved to the device once it’s done.
Download Gifs from Twitter: iPhone
It is easy to download Gifs on the iPhone with GIFwrapped, an app that allows you to download GIFs from Twitter. This is a free app but offers the option to upgrade after paying the fee. When you get the premium version, you will benefit as the app disables the ads and gives you extra benefits of customization options.
If you have downloaded GIFwrapped, here is how to take advantage of this app.
- Select the GIF from Twitter that you want to save.
- Press the down arrow on the top right corner of the tweet.
- Choose Share Tweet via and click on Copy Link to Tweet.
- Open the GIFwrapped
- Paste the URL of the selected tweet in the search bar and click on the search button.
- Save the GIF by pressing the icon that resembles an arrow coming out of a box in the screen’s bottom-left corner and choosing Share Photo. You can save the GIF that appears in your library or Photos. Next, select Save Image.
Finding a GIF on Twitter is cool and fun, but saving them to your device isn’t easy. But as you have read the article from TechyWired, it is possible to download gifs from Twitter and save them on your computer, Android and iPhone. It is easy to download the desired gifs if you follow all the guidelines accurately.
Twitter does not allow downloading GIFs directly, but third-party apps offer the solution by giving their services of downloading gifs from Twitter. A few of you might find it difficult the first time, but once you master the process for all devices, you will find it easy and fun to download the most wanted gifs from Twitter to add to the library in no time.